1. Conduct high-level technical review for the exploration block. This should include, but not limited to, establishing properly ranked exploration portfolio of plays, leads and prospects for the block.
2. Define technical scope of work for a detailed petroleum system de-risking studies and prospectivity evaluation studies including volume calculation and risk analysis for the block and implement it. And provide full technical supervision for such required studies while execution for the block including exploration team contribution management.
3. Define technical requirements with clear justifications for any additional exploration/appraisal work to be conducted as part of the de-risking process with estimates probability of success for the new proposed wells.
4. Upgrade the prospect/lead evaluation and prospectivity evaluation using related studies results and propose and establish the portfolio ranking for the block.
5. Report and discuss the work results to head office and national oil company.
6. Preparation of weekly progress reports.
7. Assist technical department works as per line manager instructions.
8. Minimum of 10 years of experience in oil and gas E&P business with extensive experience in exploration and petroleum system de-risking and prospectivity evaluation studies in particular.
9. Good experience in Abu Dhabi regional geology including the evaluation studies for deep gas potential and stratigraphic traps as a senior geologist in the new exploration project.
10. Work independently and suggest innovative ideas to execute the project as senior staff.
11. Knowledge of a range of sciences and its applications; the ability to work within the multidisciplinary team; computer software (such as Schlumberger Petrel, Techlog) literacy, good written and verbal communication skills.
12. A Master or Bachelor degree in the field of geology, geosciences, earth science or geophysics is needed.
13. Knowledge and understanding on 2D and 3D seismic interpretation, seismic attributes, seismic reservoir characterization and rock physics.
14. Knowledge and experience to evaluate unconventional play.
15. Good documentation and presentation skills
16. Cooperative and team worker with members of other disciplines
17. Easy to adapt to new environments and multi-cultural teams